As a Technology Lead, you will own the technical delivery of best in class digital solutions for several of our clients and be a discipline lead, helping shape the direction of technology at Evans Hunt.
Technology Leads work with our creative, customer experience, data and analytics, client partner and project management leads as part of a highly collaborative team to define, design, develop, and deliver engaging digital experiences.
You will work directly with clients to understand their goals, craft solutions that balance their objectives and the vision of our design team with the constraints of schedules and budgets. You’re the glue that facilitates calm, honest, empathetic and productive cross-discipline communication with our internal team and the client to generate consensus, confidence and enthusiasm in the digital solutions our team brings to life. And you will lead by doing, able to jump in to the code to support other developers, or build out an entire solution depending on the technologies you're fitted for.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be the authoritative and reliable technology point of contact on accounts.
- Collaborate with the client and the other disciplines to architect, estimate and articulate a digital solution.
- Lead the day-to-day technical delivery on projects, supporting developers and managing deliverables.
- Build digital solutions by selecting frameworks and libraries, writing code, managing releases and configuring deployments.
- Explore industry trends, best development practices and solutions and empower the team to grow their skills.
Who we are looking for
- You have proven expertise developing web solutions with open source LAMP CMS’s like Drupal, Wordpress and SilverStripe, JAMStack solutions with React, NextJS or Jekyll, or PAAS options like Shopify, Squarespace and Hubspot.
- You understand the pieces required to complete a digital build, knowing what they do and how they fit together without having worked directly with every technology.
- You have experience analyzing business requirements and creative flats to design a responsible technology solution that delivers an engaging experience.
- You have experience mentoring your peers, making time to support others, and love to work collaboratively and reach ideas you couldn't have found on your own.
- You have excellent communication skills, speaking and writing clearly and effectively to help bridge understanding for any audience.
- You're a strategic thinker who prioritizes the key areas of a build to invest in, proactively pivots when things don't go as planned, and considers when to adopt a new tool and when to go with a tried and true technical solution instead.
What's in it for you
Evans Hunt is a full-service digital agency focused on the integration of strategy, creative, and technology. Our experienced team of 80+ employees delivers fully integrated marketing solutions for many top local, national and international organizations. We’re a fun place that does good work. Here’s what we’re offering:
- Culture & lifestyle: We’re an agency and we work hard, but life is also for living. We strive to provide a respectful and inclusive workplace in which all are welcome. We’re also not much for micromanaging––you’ll have a lot of flexibility to deliver great work in ways that make sense to you.
- Office availability: We’re currently working remotely during the pandemic, with optional in-office desks available for booking, if you choose.
- Stuff: A laptop will be provided to you.
The Technology Lead will report to Derek McBurney, Director of Technology.