The Project Manager will report to an Evans Hunt Program Director.
It's wonderful if you can join us in Calgary, and almost as wonderful if you're anywhere in Canada.
At Evans Hunt, our mission is to execute projects seamlessly from project intake to launch for clients of all sizes across different industries and marketing needs. We are currently looking for an experienced Project Manager that will be responsible for the successful completion of projects that are largely digital and ecommerce based.
As a part of the Client Engagement team, you will be responsible for working with cross-functional, multi-discipline project teams to ensure the successful delivery of projects and solutions.
The Project Manager is proactive, has a strong attention to detail, and the ability to work on multiple projects and clients.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a highly motivated individual that’s used to a fast-paced environment -- we’re an agency, after all. As part of the Client Engagement team, the ideal candidate for the Project Manager will check off the boxes below.
- Ability to translate client needs into a project brief
- Planning, scheduling, and managing projects efficiently and effectively while paying attention to detail
- Forecast, track, and manage project & campaign budgets, PO’s and invoices
- Ability to manage & prioritize multiple fast paced projects at any given time
- Able to work with uncertainty, ambiguity, and change
- Self-motivated and can work with limited supervision
- Able to manage both internal and external expectations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to translate complex information in simpler terms
- Able to create strong relationships within your team and across disciplines
- Passion for ongoing learning and continuous improvement, particularly around process and methodology
- Strong business and technical aptitude
- Flexibility to manage individuals working in different locations on different days
- 3-5 years experience managing a variety of project types; site builds, product management, and/or branding
- Has an understanding of user experience, creative design, development, QA, analytics and SEO/SEM
- Agency experience will be considered an asset
- Experience with collaboration and issue tracking tools such as Trello, Jira, and Confluence
- Experience with Google Suite and productivity tools such as Excel, Word/Docs, and Keynote
A day in the life
Working at an agency, you'll have the opportunity to work with various clients across a diverse range of industries simultaneously. As a Project Manager, there are a few activities that will likely take up most of your time. These include:
- Work closely with clients, internal teams and vendors, acting as the primary point of contact through project delivery
- Understand the the clients goals, objectives, and requirements, and translate them into a project brief
- Develop and drive comprehensive project plans
- Manage and maintain project scope, and communicate the status of project scope to both internal and external teams
- Track project performance including forecasting, tracking, and managing project budgets
- Work within a team of Project Managers to manage resources according to project plans
- Manage, document and communicate risks, changes, and issues that affect the project
- Create a positive, collaborative and team-oriented work environment
What’s in it for you
Evans Hunt is a full-service digital agency focused on the integration of strategy, creative, and technology. Our experienced team of 80+ employees delivers fully integrated marketing solutions for top national and international organizations. We're a fun place that does good work. Here's what we're offering:
- Culture & lifestyle: We're an agency, and we work hard, but life is also for living. We strive to provide a respectful and inclusive workplace in which all are welcome. We're also not much for micromanaging––you'll have a lot of flexibility to deliver great work in ways that make sense to you.
- Office availability: We're currently working remotely during the pandemic, with optional in-office desks available for booking, if you choose.
- Stuff: A laptop will be provided to you, along with a phone plan if you want it.
What we’ll ask
There are a couple of things we'll ask for as part of the application process:
- Cover letter: Tell us a little about yourself and your fit for the job (it's true that companies don't look at applications that don't include cover letters).
- Resume: A summary of your previous work experience as well as notable projects you’ve worked on will help provide a glimpse of who we’re interviewing if selected.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Evans Hunt embraces and encourages the differences and characteristics that make our employees unique. The rich perspectives that result from diversity promotes innovation and business success, and makes us more creative, flexible, productive and competitive. These differences are an important part of not only our culture, but our reputation and achievements. At Evans Hunt, diversity is a fact, and equity and inclusion are choices we make as individuals and leaders.