Client Partners report to the Head of Client Engagement.
As the head of a client relationship, Client Partners are responsible for the overall satisfaction, management, growth, profitability, and quality of deliverables for their portfolio of accounts. Client Partners work with the Project Management team and various discipline leads to ensure that Evans Hunt delivers exceptional quality work, and that we deliver on the strategic promise we make to our clients.
Our engagements run the gamut of marketing and communications activities, so Client Partners need to be expert marketing strategists, being responsible for providing both strategic and tactical leadership across an engagement.
Client Partners lead their teams with a professional approach that reflects the culture, values and capabilities of Evans Hunt, and are responsible for maintaining the happiness of both the client and the internal team throughout their engagements.
Applicants who do not meet the skill or experience requirements below may still be considered for an Account Manager or Account Director position.
Responsibilities and Duties
Lead & Grow Accounts
- Responsible for the overall management, growth, profitability, and quality of deliverables for their portfolio of accounts
- Set the delivery team up for success by documenting clear goals, client needs, and challenges for each account
- Work actively with discipline leads and project teams to execute on plans, while taking a proactive approach to anticipating, preventing and solving problems
- Forecast, track and own program financial performance
- Build strong long-term relationships with clients of all levels and industry backgrounds, from the CEO to administrative support staff
- Establish our value as a strategic partner as opposed to simply a vendor relationship
- Be positioned to have hard conversations with the client when necessary without damaging the relationship
Drive Strategy & Quality
- Understand the client’s overall business and marketing goals, and how Evans Hunt can contribute to achieving those goals
- Be an expert marketing generalist, able to speak confidently about marketing strategy and what it takes to execute in all major marketing areas (brand, digital, campaigns, print, media, etc.)
- Stay informed and curious about marketing trends and innovations
- Refuse to settle for mediocre ideas or execution
- Ensure that the final creative product lives up to the original vision
- Ensure that all work we produce is the best it can be
Grow the Business
- Drive organic growth by bringing new ideas to the client and constantly seek new opportunities to deliver value
- Have the knowledge, experience and confidence to sell; build idea-driven presentations that identify problems and propose solutions that inspire
- Support new business development
- 10+ years of senior Account Management or Strategy experience in a digital, marketing, or technology agency
- Degree in business, marketing, communications or relevant field preferred, but not required if experience merits
- Solid understanding of core agency services and creative process (e.g. ad campaigns, web builds, content programs, analytics, digital marketing, communications, etc)
- Proven leadership skills managing high performing teams and complex client relationships
- Proven ability to manage long term engagements with multiple project tracks and teams, including demonstrated ability to set and manage client expectations
- Demonstrated strategic and creative thinker with ability to lead a business
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially in situations involving consensus and team building with strong problem solving skills related to program and account management
- Demonstrated fiscal management skills
- Strong knowledge of digital/web technologies, technology vendors and third party technologies
- Excellent written and oral communications, including outstanding presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure managing multiple project tracks and teams concurrently
- Experience in travel & tourism, financial services, and/or the energy sector may be an asset
We'll start contacting qualified applicants in early January. We are looking to fill the position in January/February 2022.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Evans Hunt embraces and encourages the differences and characteristics that make our employees unique. The rich perspectives that result from diversity promotes innovation and business success, and makes us more creative, flexible, productive and competitive. These differences are an important part of not only our culture, but our reputation and achievements. At Evans Hunt, diversity is a fact, and equity and inclusion are choices we make as individuals and leaders.